Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend wrap-up...

Thanks to Lolli and Pop (they have had the kids all weekend), Jay and I have had a low key weekend!   Friday night we went to use up Jay's 1/2 off coupon at Texas de Brazil for his birthday that was in December.  We LOVE those coupons because we couldn't eat there without them!  It is sooo expensive but sooooo good...it is definitely a "special occasion" place for us.  But first we ran over to the Peabody and the ducks just happened to be doing their ritual walk to the elevator.  It was so neat.  Of all the years living here, I have never seen the ducks do the "walk."  All the pics are bad I didn't bring my good camera...I know.  SHOCKER!


One of my favorite things about Texas de Brazil is the salad.  Yes this was mine and I was a pig that night.  Hey you only eat there once a year...so I wasn't counting my calories ha!  After this I had some sushi off the salad bar and then some steak too!

My card is green...bring on the garlic sirloin!  It's my favorite!

Then we went to Blockbuster and rented the first season of 24.  We watched one of the seasons (can't remember which one) and wanted to start it from the beginning.  We watched some on Friday night and some on Saturday but we are still only halfway through.  It is such a good show and it will keep you on the edge of your seat!

Saturday we slept in (until 7:00, sad I know!) but stayed in bed for a while just chillin', sipping our coffee and watching Man vs. Food on the Food Network.  We love that show too.  It was nice to not have little ones to jump out of bed for and to relax for a day.  I was missing them terribly though!  We ended up taking showers and getting back in pj's and spent the whole day at home.  Our electricity randomly went out for most of the afternoon but it was great because we were able to sit in the quiet and talk to one another, do our Bible studies and read together.  We are going through one of the same devo books and it just happens to be on marriage this week so it was good time for us to read, talk and discuss.  

We went to church today and picked up Brayden and went to small group tonight.  The girls are going to stay until tomorrow and looking forward to seeing them because I miss them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment