Sunday, January 2, 2011

Gatlinburg Vacation Part 3 of 5 Sledding

The snow was gorgeous and many inches deep and perfect hills for sledding.  We went several times one even at night (and didn't think of "bears" until the next morning or we probably wouldn't have gone!).  

This was just a little hill off of our driveway we went down a few times on our way out one day...

But THIS day, we all bundled up and went for a few hours and found a GREAT hill to sled on.  Jay entertained Lucy most of the time while I took pics of the kids sledding with Lolli, Pop and Uncle Jon-Jon.  He was wonderful with the kids!  He caught them every time from going off the hills, into the woods even at his own risk. The kids LOVED playing with him!  Someday, he will be a wonderful dad (and it will make me one happy aunt!).

But while we drove to the big hill, he sled all the way down the mountain to get there!

I think Karis had the most fun of anybody.  She was the little daredevil of the day...she wasn't scared of anything!  She did it on her belly, without a spotter and even turned some flips and came up laughing!















Uncle Jon-Jon taught Brayden how to make snow balls!

And then he NAILED daddy over and over again!






We all fell at least once!  Both Lolli and I fell while holding Lucy at some point and Lolli has  war wound to prove it!


Jonathan going down head first!



My dad going down head first...

He apparently loved it!

I LOVE this picture...so sweet!










Karis eating the snow...


I love this one too!



Lulu with Pop and Lolli

Me and my baby


I even took Lulu in slow motion (I could only hold with one hand)...


We had many a snowball fights!





Jay and Brayden hide for cover...







Lulu even managed to fall asleep in the midst of the chaos!

It was a blast!  We are spoiled now and will be disappointed if it doesn't snow next year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment