Sunday, January 9, 2011

My big girl.

My sweet Karis,

No matter how hard I try, I can't make you stop growing!  You have grown up so much over the last few months and I wish I could just contain your innocence in a jar but I can't and I won't.  

You have become such the lady.  You are polite, sincere, helpful, a pleaser, compassionate, loving and full of life.  You bring a smile to my face.

You are such the mothering type and are such a great big sister to your siblings.  Taking care of them both, you do your best to be a helper to mom in every way possible.

You are very obedient and desire to please both mom and dad.  You are very well behaved, respectful and a great student as well.

I love to see the lightbulb come on when you discover something new or learn pieces to this puzzle of life.  You are discovering the world through your own eyes, and the look on your face is priceless when I see it happen!

Even though you are growing up, you are still a daddy's girl and will always be!  You are such a cuddler and affectionate.  I love that you still want to hug and kiss me in public!  I know it won't last much longer so I treasure every moment.

I love that you are willing to talk to me about everything...your wants, wishes, questions, concerns and even embarrassing moments!  You have started sharing with me about boys that have crushes on you in your class (even though it fully embarrasses you) and it crushes my heart because I know it is only the beginning.  I LOVE your innocence and am thankful you are disgusted by the thought!  Boys have cooties until they're 30 anyway...always remember that!

I love to see you try and succeed and even fail at certain things knowing that you will learn and try again.  Sometimes I wish I could help you however I know you have to learn on your own and momma can't always be there to protect you.

You are absolutely beautiful on the outside but your inner beauty far exceeds the outer.  You have a beautiful heart and the Lord has amazing plans for you, I just know it!

My sweet baby girl, you are growing up and it hurts and melts my heart all at the same time.  You are one of the lights of my life and certainly a precious gift to treasure.  No matter how old you get, you will ALWAYS be my baby girl!  I love you more than you will ever know!

"A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart."  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment