Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Spring day in January???

Oh my goodness it was GORGEOUS outside today.  Not so sure why we had snow last week and it was almost 70 today?!  But I wasn't complaining!  It was sunny and felt perfect outside.  We spent the entire day out but before I share about that, I wanted to give you a "papi" update. 

 Lucy hasn't had her paci in 36 hours (or so) and has done GREAT!  I was dreading this whole thing but it has turned out to be a breeze!  Last night she did fuss for a few minutes (not even a cry) saying, "papi! papi!"  but then when on to sleep and slept all night.   Multiple times today we have talked about it and she keeps saying, "papi boke! uh-oh!  papi gone-gone!  byebye papi!"  She doesn't seem upset about it at all.  I even convinced her to throw the damaged paci in the garbage this morning and she did it and then waved at it and said, "bye bye papi!"



I told the kids it would be warm today so we planned to stay out there all day and so Karis came down wearing this!  I told her it was warm but not Summer ha!  It is still January...oh well.  She is hot natured and didn't get cold at all.

We live on 100 acres and there are tons of trees which also means LOTS of leaves!  So we usually just wait until they all fall and then mulch them.  They are absolutely out of control.   The kids kept losing their toys under the leaves this week so we finally had to do something about them.  Here are some of the before pics...




We had some helpers today too.  Karis "babysat" Lucy for me for a while and Brayden helped us pick up sticks.





Jay and I make a good team.  I raked/blew flowerbeds and got all the leaves in the yard and Jay used the mulcher and just mowed over them.  The blower was my best friend/sidekick today!

We took a break mid-afternoon and picked up lunch and went to a local park to let the kids play.  Our friends Destin, Brandon and Ax came too so they had fun playing together.  Ax got this tractor for Christmas and Brayden loved riding it and "helping" drive Ax around.

Yep she changed and is wearing a spaghetti strap shirt now.  I pick my battles around here ha!











We came back from the park and finished (for today) the yard.  At least we can actually play in the yard now!



Sweet Brady boy!

Tonight we took it easy, ate some dinner and took baths and everyone was worn out!  

Oh I wanted to share 2 recipes I have cooked this week that are good.  Last night I cooked Cranberry Brisket and it was SOOO good! It was super easy and everyone in my family loved it.    Also one night this week I made a WW low-fat chili that was delicious as well called Crock Pot 3 bean turkey chili.  If you like Cilantro, you will love this chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment