Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snow again?!

 Currently we are getting more snow! I don't want it to snow hard because I don't want to get out of school, however it is soooo pretty...some of the biggest flakes I have ever seen!  I truly am amazed at how miraculous snow is and how God could make each one so different.  I love them because they seem so pure and unblemished until they hit the ground.  Our God is so good!

Today when I went to get one of the kids from their nap (I won't mention his name haha), he had taken his shoe, sock, pants, DIRTY diaper and the sheet and then sat and rolled all in it!  I walked in and was speechless and he said, "Uhoh...shoes?!"  Haha he took off a little more than his shoes!  :)


Tonight we had roast for dinner and seriously it was the best roast I have ever had....it was soooo yummy!  My whole family loved it and we all went back for seconds, and maybe 3rds....I won't say for sure.  And it was super easy.  I got the recipe from Laurie's Life and here is the recipe...

Get a tender chuck pot roast and place it in a crock pot on low.
Add one packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix. Sprinkle it over the roast.
Add one packet of McCormick Aux jus gravy mix or she said brown gravy mix will do. Sprinkle that packet over the roast as well.
Then, place a stick of butter on top of the roast.
Put 4 or 5 peperoncini peppers on top of the roast. These are the peppers that you see on salad bars. They come in a jar. Let the roast cook at least 8 hours. I usually cook it over night. Do not add water!!!

Here is what it looked like prior to cooking...
I didnt' get an after pic but it was sooo tender and yummy!  Seriously try this one!

I love Tuesday nights because it is the one night that we are usually all home.  I try to have an early dinner, finish baths and then we can all relax a little.  Tonight was also a hair cutting night for B and Lulu too so glad to have that out of the way!  I love that they all love to take baths together.  I know this time is so limited.

Then B and Lulu climbed up in my bed to watch Spongebob while K and daddy worked on a book Karis is making.

She is writing a book about the 100th day of school and got Jay's help with the drawings. 

This pic didn't capture it good but the snowflakes tonight were HUGE...so pretty!


Now me and the hubs are about to drink some coffee and curl up on the couch to finish 24 season 1.  We  only have a few more episodes...it's getting good!   NIGHT! :)

1 comment:

  1. We are having that roast tomorrow night for dinner! Matt usually doesn't like roast but he LOVES this one! So yummy and SO easy!!!

    ReplyDelete