Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Photography

I just want to begin by saying that I am NO professional photographer and don't pretend to be.  I am just a woman with a hobby.  A hobby of taking pictures and capturing the special moments, especially of my children.  Photography along with blogging of course.  It's what I do for fun.

This is the camera I use most of the time.  It is a Canon Rebel XTi.  It's quality doesn't even compare to a point and shoot camera.  I tried this one and will never go back if I can help it.  

I have 2 lenses, the one that came with it and one additional one I got for my birthday last year.  The lens that came with it is an 18-55 mm and it zooms.  It just a basic lens but works most of the time.  I got the smaller one on the right last year and it is a 50 mm.  It doesn't zoom but it is great for portraits because it focuses really sharp on the subject and makes the background really blurry.  It makes the photographer look more experienced than they are (me for example!).

It is not a secret that I use my camera every day and carry it with me wherever I go!  My children will NEVER lack for pics of themselves growing up.  However today Jay says to me before leaving, "Hey will you get that work camera out and play with it for me?"  OMG...do pigs love slop?!?!  "OF COURSE I WILL HONEY...I mean, for you, of course.   Let's just say he didn't have to twist my arm!!!

He has this camera for work....and I think it is a step up from mine.  He uses it for all kinds of things including the association newsletter he is responsible for every month.  


My fav part about it was that it came with a zoom lens 75-300 mm.  It zooms WAY close and mine doesn't zoom much so this was so much fun playing around with.

I also love the bag that it came with because it has room on the sides for the extra lens. I want one like this...I'll put it on my wish list!

I took all of these below pics from the room next door.  Like I was in the kitchen when I took this pic of her foot and she was at the far end of the other room.  Sorry about the gunk on the bottom of her shoe...ignore that part ha!  They were all taken from a room away.



...even this one!





I look forward to "helping" my husband and taking some outside when it warms up a bit!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. I have GOT to finda camera that I like. It's convenient being able to put my camera easily in my pocket or purse. But I would love to have one that takes great quality pictures, too. So...good advice.

    ReplyDelete