Sunday, January 2, 2011

Gatlinburg Vacation Part 2 of 5 Hotel/cabin

As I mentioned in the previous post we were snowed out of our cabin the first night so we had to get a hotel in Gatlinburg.  It was a nice hotel right in the middle of town.  It was a neat set up in each room but had some weird effects like all the plug-ins were on the ceiling...no clue why.  But it was fun nonetheless!

Brayden and Uncle Jon-Jon playing games...

We loved the fireplaces in each room!


It was so cold but oh so pretty!




The second day they told us that we might could attempt to get to our cabin on the mountain.  So we sent the men (my dad, Jay and my brother Jonathan) to check it out first because I was scared I might have a serious panic attack!  They drove up part of it and then hiked the rest on foot to make sure it was ok to drive up.  We officially made it up there and I was so tense my legs were sore!  I was so glad to finally make it to the cabin!

The cabin (or "cabinet" as Brayden called it) was super nice and perfect for our stay.  It was 3 bedroom/3 bath and the upstairs loft had a pool table.  We found Lucy here on more than one occasion!




Lolli and Pop were kind enough to sleep up here with the kids so that we could have the downstairs bedrooms.  The kids loved sleeping up here!

Looking down from the loft you see the living room with a wood fireplace.  It was where we spent most of our time!  I love the smell of a REAL fireplace...perfect!


We had a gorgeous view off our balcony!


Our room

Kitchen

It even had a hot tub on the deck and we got in it most nights...even when the temps were in the teens.  It felt great in there but the getting out part and getting back inside wasn't as much fun haha!  The kids LOVED it, even Lucy!





We played some Wii...


Lucy saw the kids playing the Wii with the wheel and she found this game and thought she was really playing!  It was funny to watch.


I think the cabin was my favorite part...so beautiful, cozy and remote.  It was a perfect getaway!  Stay tuned for our sledding adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment