Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lucy's big girl room!

These are pics of Lucy's baby room which she has had since she was  born.  Originally she and Karis would be sharing a room but we learned early on that would not work.  So we just left up the twin bed knowing she would eventually be in it.  



But Lucy was climbing out of her bed since she was 9 months old and has been a climber since she came out.  We took bumpers out  early on and I knew it wouldn't be long before we moved her out of it. This is one year ago in her baby bed....

But as of January 6th (19 months old) I randomly asked her did she want to sleep in her big girl bed and she ran and climbed in it and slept great and hasn't gotten back in her crib since.  She is doing great and although she has gotten out a few times, it has been a very easy transition.  She is also sleeping longer.  She used to take 2 hour naps and lately sometimes it has been up to 4 hours. I guess she feels cozier in it.  So on one of our snow days this past week Jay helped me take down baby bed and rearrange a little bit.  She LOVES her new room and plays in it alot more because I was able to pull out more toys for her to play with!  It is basically the same stuff just rearranged and new to her.





We even have lots of room to grow into because she has so much space!

And extra room in her closet too!

Oh and I did add the side rail so she wouldn't fall off (in pic below).

I decided to forego the toddler bed this go around.  I used it with the others and have found there wasn't more difference.  And I am a tosser....if I don't use it, I get rid of it!!!  So since she already had the twin bed in her room, we went straight to it.  One less transition for me and her!

She is growing up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment