Thursday, January 6, 2011

Some firsts....

We have had some "growing up firsts" around here this week and although they might be boring to all of you, I want to remember them for my girls!

Lucy (19 months old) slept in her BIG GIRL BED (twin bed) for the first time yesterday at naptime.  I just randomly asked her if she wanted to sleep in it and she went and crawled in it!  I thought it wouldn't last but she hasn't slept in her baby bed since.  I have stripped down her baby bed so it will be work for me to put her back in it.  This weekend we plan to take down her baby bed and rearrange her room to be more "big girl" without her baby bed in it.  She is soooo proud of herself and anytime I mention it she goes running in her room and crawls up in it and grins really big!  I can really tell she is growing up.  Here in the last few weeks, she is communicating completely.  She understands everything being said to her and is repeating everything we say.  Seriously she is saying so many new words a day I lose count.  She is saying phrases and sentences and communicating like a toddler.  She is not a baby anymore (sniff sniff)!

Tonight at bath time, I had bathed Lucy and had already gotten her out and dressed her in her pjs.  She was leaning over to get something out of the bath and FELL IN WITH HER CLOTHES ON!  She came up with a very shocked look on her face and couldn't figure out what had just happened.  It was sooooo funny we were all laughing so hard.  (Of course she was ok!)  It was priceless!

My big girl Karis (Kindergarten 6 years old) told me yesterday that she wanted to learn how to take showers all by herself because she felt like a 2 year old that she still took baths.  Honestly, I think somebody at gymnastics told her they took showers and she felt like she should be doing that too.  So I taught her and she has taken a shower the last 2 days and is so proud of herself.  I asked her tonight about taking one all by herself and she literally got so giddy she started jumping up and down!  She even told me she was "nervous!"  How funny!  Have you ever been nervous about taking a shower?!?!?  No, me either haha!  So proud of her but sad to see her growing up so much!

Karis also got her 2nd 9 weeks report card today. She did great and got all S's and +'s and we are so proud of her!





So neat to see those special moments with the kids when you literally see them "grow up" emotionally right before your eyes.  It makes me a proud momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment