Thursday, January 20, 2011

Karis' 100th day!

Today is officially Karis' 100th day of school and she was THRILLED to go to school today.  She knew they were having a "party" and no morning work so she woke up on her own and before I knew it she was already dressed for the day with a grin on her face!

On this special day, we also have yucky, cold wintry mix coming into our area.  It started raining about noon and the temps are dropping.  By 1:30 it was snowing hard!  I hope it doesn't get too bad!  Schools let out an hour early and they have already canceled for tomorrow.  I have mixed emotions about it (although I love an unexpected school break) because I don't want Karis to be going to school in June!!! Oh well I guess we will enjoy being snowed in in our pj's!



These next two pics are of Karis on the first day of school and now 100 days in...I can't believe it is gone so fast!
First day of school

First day of school

Here are some pics of the pretty snow from this afternoon.  It snowed alot more after I took the pics.  We ended up getting about 1-1 1/2 inches.  But I think it got pretty slick out there though!






Tonight we locked ourselves in the house, put on our pj's, ate waffles for dinner and make coffee and snickerdoodles tonight with the kids.  It was a cozy, comfortable night!  Love it!

Jay's granddad (by marriage) passed away yesterday at around 4 p.m.  It was Jay's real dad Larry's mom's husband.  He and Jay's grandmother have been together for many years.  He had a diabetic coma back in December and he has gone downhill fast since then.  We were sad to hear the news but thankful he isn't suffering.  Pray as they make arrangements and for the family as they grieve in the coming days and weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment