Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thankful...

I am constantly amazed and in awe of what Christ has done for me.  I am a sinner, not because I sin, but I sin because I am a sinner.  It's who I (and you) are to the core.  And my sinful self knows no different apart from Christ.  But when I was completely dead in sin and completely helpless, He came to save me, to redeem me, to justify me, to reconcile me, to make me clean.  Did I mention I did nothing to deserve it?!

This week the Lord has reminded me through Romans 5 that there is security in my salvation.  We have security because our hope is in HIM, not me.  If it were up to me to remain pure and reconciled, I couldn't do it and would ultimately fail minute by minute.  However, because of His love, we know HE will never lose us.  There is ultimate peace in that knowing that the Lord has me in HIS grip and no one can ever snatch me out of His hand (John 10).

Does this mean we can do as we please and live a sinful life?  Absolutely not.  IF Christ is truly the ruler in your life, God will give you His desires and you will desire to please Him with every area of your life...not because it is what you are supposed to do, but because it is your ultimate desire to please the One who gave you life.

In my humble opinion, my husband is a man of God.  Nope, he is not perfect and sins every day, he is human.  But he walks the talk and talks the walk.  He is what you see, at the office or at home.  I am blessed to have him as the spiritual leader in our home.  He wrote this on his facebook the other day and it is what our conversations have been about:

"IS the Lord faithful?  Is he really trustworthy?  Can we truly trust him with our children, our families, our finances and our future?  I know we can and our life's decisions and direction should reflect it.  But how will we really know if He is trustworthy unless we step out on faith and are able to trust Him. Lord, I TRUST you!!!"

I believe God's word is true and I rest in His promises.  We as a family trust the Lord and DO believe He is faithful to what He says and what He says He will do.  We are stepping out on faith and trusting for God to take care of the details.  It may be a scary place however true blessings come from true obedience.  And THAT is where we want to be, right in the middle of God's will, whatever that may be.


G.O.S.P.E.L. from Humble Beast Records on Vimeo.



1 comment: