Saturday, March 19, 2011

Laughter is good for the soul...

We spent the morning at the park meeting up with a friend that recently moved out of town and they were back in town for the weekend so we met up!  Lori and her daughter Emma Kate (Brayden used to call her "Emma Cake"), are great friends of ours and we miss them dearly.  Lori and I were sorority sisters in college and spent lots of time together before they moved.

And while us girls were at the park, the boys were fishing...again.  Brayden can't get enough seriously.  They got to fish off of Jay's new dock he built this week and Brayden caught this huge fish... WOW!

 Lucy has become our comic relief lately.  For some reason, especially at the dinner table, she becomes a comedian.  She has learned what makes K and B laugh and she goes to town when we all sit down to eat.  She has them laughing so hard they can't catch their breath and then as we are trying to get them to calm down and eat, she gets us laughing too.  It's irresistible.  This afternoon they were all sitting at the table eating frosties and she worked her magic.  She was making faces at them and had them rolling in laughter.  I just LOVE listening to them belly laugh at one another...it makes my heart smile!!!








Yep, she was as dirty as she looked. We had just gotten back from the park AND she put her frosty top on top of her head/hair and it was very sticky...ewww!


Then I had to step back and laugh myself at this horrible mess I had in store for me this afternoon...yuck. But I have let it all go this week for the most part and played with my kiddos.  The mess will wait on me unfortunately.  This is just a glimpse...my whole house looks like this.  Stuff is everywhere!

And while ALL THREE kids napped today (that hasn't happened in a very long time), I attempted to clean it up and start on dinner.

But tonight we splurged and had a really good dinner.  Jay cooked steaks on the grill and then we had homemade mac 'n cheese, loaded mashed potatoes and asparagus and hollandaise sauce...yum!  It was definitely NOT waist friendly but it was DE-LISH!  

Tonight after hair cuts and baths, we had a Brayden sandwich...

...and a Karis sandwich!  
I love these kiddos and today, the laughter that they have produced has been music to my ears!  My heart is so full! :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad that we got to see you guys even it was short!

    ReplyDelete