Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy 23rd Birthday Allen!

Meet Allen, my brother. He turns 23 today and it delights my heart that we have the privilege of celebrating with him today.

When I think of Allen, I smile.  He is certainly the social one of the bunch and has a personality that is just contagious, it makes you want to be around him.  He has a smile that just puts ya in a good mood and if you get him laughing, YOU won't stop laughing because it is SO fun to see him get worked up!  He is a hard worker, a good friend, loves good food, and would do anything for anybody.  And I am super thankful he's my bro.

We got together with my family tonight to celebrate with him (missed you Jonathan and Jenna!) and my mom ordered some cupcakes from Gigi's....yum!  Although when we got them home and opened them up, they looked like this....

YIKES!  They were a little bit of a jumbled up mess and we tried to fix them the best we could without licking one bit of the icing off our fingers...nope not us.

Much better and not too damaged.

My dad grilled out our favorite Charlie's steaks along with salad, baked potatoes, Sister Schubert rolls and of course cupcakes for dessert.  If you know my dad you know he is a reader....he LOVES to read.  I see a Kindle in his near future...  However tonight he was grilling the steaks and this is what we saw out the window...

Making good use of his time...not wasting a single second!

"What???  You looking at me????"

Before today we would sing, "Happy....to you..." (Lucy's version) but tonight she was actually singing, "Happy Birthday to you..." as we serenaded Allen with his Smores cupcake....


And it was soooo good.  I ate his crumbs and that was all the Gigi's I consumed.  I am trying to be good but in all honesty it was really rich and I don't think I could have consumed a whole one!  In pure Nason/Lemonds' style, we had to consume the dessert with coffee of course!  And that I didn't share...down to the last drop.

My kiddos with Uncle Allen on his 23rd birthday!

Happy Birthday Allen!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment