Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Relaxing library day

This morning we stayed in our pj's for hours...it was the best feeling in the world.  I hardly ever am able to do that and don't like to do it often because I feel like I waste the day away but this morning it felt good!  We chilled, the kids played, and just "wasted" the morning away.  And it was niiiiice.

Then we even ate lunch together as a family...we haven't done that in forever!  Did I mention that my hubs took vacation this week to be with us and we have so enjoyed him being home with us.  Since he has taken a new job recently, he is gone alot more so we are relishing that we have him all to ourselves this week. :)

After lunch we went to our local library, something the kids ask to do often but we don't go enough.  They love to go to the library...it's just a little difficult to go with a little one like Lucy.  So during her nap, I took Karis and Brayden for a few hours.  They loved it.  Karis read me a few books....

They played some educational games on the computer (and fishing games too!)...

They did puzzles, performed a puppet show for me, and even met some friends.

This has become typical at the dinner table.  Lucy has discovered that she can make K and B laugh so she does it often.  And Jay and I throw a cackle in there too...cause she's a stinkin' ham sometimes!

Tonight for dinner we had grilled chicken, fried okra and potato slices and blueberry cobbler for dessert and then we all cuddled up on the couch together and watched an oldie but a goodie on Netflix...Pippy Longstocking!  Yea that one takes me way back but the kids loved it!  Looking forward to hanging outside tomorrow since it will finally feel like Spring!  Woohoo!  

No comments:

Post a Comment