Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day and downtown flooding

It has been a wonderful Mother's Day!  I am so thankful for the mothers that God has placed in my life, both my blood and by marriage.  My mom has always been an incredible mother with a servant's heart.  I am who I am today because of her and her example has made me a better mother to my 3 children!  Also today I am very thankful for my MIL who raised my amazing husband.  She is to thank for who he is and the incredible man that he has become.  I am so thankful for the many hours she invested in her son when I wasn't even in the picture.  :)  
We are celebrating Mother's Day next weekend with both ladies.

I feel very blessed to be a mother to my 3 amazing children.  I know it is tough some days and can be frustrating, time consuming and tiring, but being a mother is an honor and a privilege.  It is the most selfless yet rewarding job on the planet and I am so thankful for the opportunity and responsibility of raising my children.

My hubby and kids game me these beautiful flowers along with a table runner from India, some makeup, and some clothes money for me to go spend!!! Yah!



Karis made me some things at school and brought them home on Friday.  This card was so precious and made me cry!



This part is really cute and pretty funny too!

According to Karis, I am 23 years old (try 32), weigh 24 lbs HAHAHA, my fav food is brussel sprouts (I like them but NOT my fav), my fav drink is water (I like it but I would much prefer coffee or Dr. P), and she knows I am mad when I spank her sister (she doesn't need it but try her brother ha).

She also made me this grass....we have been watering it every day and it is growing like a weed!!!

This morning Jay brought me coffee in bed and let me relax in the bed until I had to get up and get ready for church.  We all went to Waffle House for breakfast and it was YUMMY!  We went to church and then came home for lunch and to relax for the afternoon.  Then I have been wanting to go downtown and see the flooding so the kids and I wanted to drive down there and see it.  Jay hasn't been feeling well from some meds he had to take for the trip and is still really jetlagged at nighttime so he stayed home to rest.  The kids weren't missing ANY action ha!  But first I was craving a Starbucks Frappuccino because I haven't had one in years.  I got the kids a Steak 'n Shake shake and myself one of these to enjoy on the ride....


The flooding was CRAZY!  I have never seen it like this in our area!  We spent a couple of hours looking at flooding, throwing rocks in the water, walking down Beale, going to the top of the Peabody and petting the horses.  We tried to ride the trolley but it wasn't running.  :(  I will let the pics speak for themselves.








Riverside Dr. at Beale












He was telling her here...."Yea you see that water....don't get near that because that is where the sharks are!" Ha!  Now THAT would make headlines....sharks on Riverside/Beale!  :)








Kayaker on the Mississippi River












Me and my babies on Mother's Day...






It was a wonderful Mother's Day!  So thankful for my 3 little blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment