Monday, May 2, 2011

Mixed Emotions

Due to the historical events that have happened over the past week, I seem to have been glued to the tv unfortunately.  First it began with the storms that rollled through here last week bringing on 2 days straight of tornado warnings where we had to watch to see if we needed to take cover, then the Royal wedding that I have watched over many different sittings and still just now got to "the kiss," now the flooding that still isn't anywhere over with and getting worse by the second as it continues to rain, and as of yesterday the killing of Osama Bin Laden.

I have so many mixed emotions and my heart feels very heavy today.  Let me begin by saying that I am soooo thankful for our military and the sacrifice and dedication that they portray every day and the families that so willingly give them up for our nation's service.  And I do NOT agree with any terrorist attacks and it was 100% evil.  And I am VERY thankful that Bin Laden is not actively working against us anymore and that Al Qaeda has been slowed down at least.  I still grieve for those families that lost their loved ones on 9-11.

HOWEVER, Bin Laden still died in need of a Savior.  He died without having the hope and joy that I experience on a daily basis.  He was a sinner in need of grace just like me.  I am no different that he, except that Christ found me and I gave my life to Him.  I do believe that Bin Laden is spending eternity in Hell and is receiving judgment/justice for his actions.  The Lord tells us that Judgment is His, not ours.  It is sobering to think that instantly he was standing before the FATHER where I will one day stand and instantly was enlightened that what He gave his life for what wasn't even real faith.  The only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ and ultimately God the Father said to Osama Bin Laden, "depart from me, I never knew you."  I know 100% with all that is in me that I will spend eternity in Heaven, do you?   Osama just THOUGHT he did, but he soon found out otherwise and I am sure a lifetime of regrets flashed through his memory.   If you are not certain, don't live another day without knowing for sure!

Romans 3:23 "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

John 3:3 "Unless someone is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God."

John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  NO one comes to the Father, except through me."

Romans 10:9-11  "If you confess with your mouths that Jesus Christ is Lord, you will be saved."

2 Corinthians 5:15 "Those who live should no longer live for themselves."

Revelation 3:20 "I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with me."

So with the excitement that evil has been thwarted, some are perishing without a Savior.  As I watch the celebrations take place, it somehow doesn't feel right.  Yes we should be thankful that he is captured, but not so much that he is dead for reasons stated above.

My prayer today is that the story of Jesus will reach all of those people who haven't heard.  Jesus can save anyone, even Bin Laden despite his many sins.  Yet for him, now it is too late.  But it is not too late for you.

Revelation 7:9-12 says, "After these things I looked, and behold a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and ALL tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; and they cry out with a loud voice saying, 'Salvation to our God who sits on the throne and to the Lamb;' And all the angels were standing around the round and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying 'Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever. Amen."

We will all receive judgment one day just as Osama did.  What will Jesus say to you, "Welcome home my child!" or "Depart from me, I never knew you."?

It's just what is on my mind today.

Good thoughts also here.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Love the way you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I totally agree! You worded this so well I might even use it on blog. Don't worry I'll make sure you get credit!

    ReplyDelete