Friday, May 6, 2011

Daddy's home!

Woohoo I am sooo excited!  My hubby is home after a LONG 2 weeks!

Jay spent the last 2 weeks in Shimla, India on a mission trip with 4 others from our church visiting with some friends that live there from our church.  He left immediately after our Easter service at church and hopped on a LONG plane ride.  Of course he missed lots around here in the last 2 weeks: floods, tornadoes, the princess got married, and Osama Bin Laden was killed (and was just 200 miles from where Jay was in India).  Thankfully during the bad tornado night, my sweet daddy came to stay with me and the kids because he knew how scared I was of them.  We missed Jay dearly and I have never been soooo glad to see him!

Here is a pic a friend took of him while they were in India (I stole these from her facebook!)....


Karis made him a sign for her and Brayden to hold up at the airport....sooo sweet!

Friday morning I was so chipper and excited knowing today was the day we got to go pick him up from the airport.  I was counting down the hours.  After I picked Karis up from school, we went straight there even though we were at least an hour early ha! 



Since we were so early, I let the kids get a quick snack and they were chilling out while waiting...

I knew that Brayden and Karis would be thrilled to see daddy and I also knew that Lucy missed him but she is so young sometimes she just doesn't understand.  But she totally surprised me!!!  If you will watch this series of pictures, you will see just how excited LUCY was to see daddy.  She broke out through the crowds RUNNING to him saying, "DADDYYYYYYY!"  It melted my heart!

You can see him behind the big guy on the right....

He moves over to the left but Lucy takes off!!!





I wasn't the only one thrilled to see daddy!  :)

He came bearing gifts which they didn't mind one bit...


And they liked them as you can tell!

We are THRILLED to have daddy home!  Although we know it will take days to get him back since he is so jetlagged!  

He had a wonderful trip from what we have heard so far and it was great to get to spend time with Levi and Lindsey.  We miss them so much and it was neat for Jay to see them in their element.  I look forward to the days to come as he begins to tell us more and more about the trip and the neat things our Father has done through them while there!  :)

Did I mention I was glad he was home?!  Because I sooo am!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment