Sunday, May 22, 2011

Church, Sickness, and a Graduation

This morning we started off early because Lucy was up by 5:45 which is very unlike her.  This week she has been getting up about an hour earlier than normal...ugh!  One of her eyes was also crusty so I knew she had another ear infection.  Most of time, she doesn't get even fussy with them or have fever, but her eye always gets gooky (gross I know sorry TMI).  But I knew she wasn't contagious so we headed to church first and then to the doctor.  I attempted a pic before church although this is the best we got...


After church I took Lucy to the doctor and she definitely had an ear infection.  We were in and out of there (with meds) in less than an hour and back home to eat lunch before we had to leave again.  She kept saying, "Doctor...medicine???" 

Karis was tripping me out today.  She dressed herself when we got back and she was "blinging" everywhere!  She had pants with bling, shoes with bling, shirt with bling, a necklace, bracelet and change her earrings to blingy, sparkly flowers!  You can't see it all in this picture but she was STY-LIN'!

While Lucy napped at home with daddy, I took Karis and Brayden to a local graduation where we had 2 family friends graduating.  One is Jeremy, a friend from church and the other is Landon's sister Brittany. We were happy to celebrate with them!







Oh and on a side note while are talking graduations, I graduated high school 14 years ago today...wow that makes me feel super old!!!

We were supposed to have a church picnic tonight but it was postponed due to the rain.  At first I was a  little bummed because I always enjoy the fellowship and the kids were more than bummed but then I was thankful for the time off due to our busy weekend.  

Please pray for 2 of my friends tomorrow.  My friend Becky just found out she has breast cancer and is having a mastectomy tomorrow morning at 5.  Also my friend Burchet is being induced tomorrow with her first baby (it's a boy!).  Ironically, these two friends are a teacher/teacher assistant team and both of them have a very long day ahead of them tomorrow.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I teach with Burchet's sister, katiland...what a small world!
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete