Tuesday, February 1, 2011

When it rains, it rains some more!

Although a part of me wishes we were getting the snow blizzard the rest of the country is getting, I am thankful at the same time.  Instead, it rained and rained and rained today and then it rained some more.  It wasn't really storms per se, but just a constant rain and my yard was flooded for most of the day...


So we stayed warm inside.  I wasn't in my pj's although I would have liked to have been, but my houseshoes stayed on and we stayed comfy on the couch when we could.  

During naps I was able to catch up some DVR from last night...the Bachelor.  I just want to say that I think Emily is the most beautiful and classy girl I have ever seen.  If he doesn't pick her, he is CRAZY!  None of the other girls even come close to her (she is the blond in the middle)!  I cried through her whole segment at the race track...she handled it so well despite how hard it must have been for her.

I am going through several different things in my quiet times these days and am learning so much through them.  In my personal quiet time I am going through Romans and 30 days to Spiritual Breakthroughs...it's a great book.  I am also going through a Romans study with my small group on Sunday nights and Share Jesus Without Fear on Wednesday nights.

This afternoon the wind starting blowing really hard and our electricity went out.  So we hung out in the quiet silence (wasn't bad for a change although it would get old for long periods of time).  We lit the candles and enjoyed it for a while.

Me and Lulu cuddled on the couch before everyone else woke up.  She is such a cuddler when she first gets up from her nap and I love it.

Karis got home from school and we had snack and I gave the kids some of my Dove Promises that Pap and Roxy sent me.  I LOVE dark chocolate it is my fav!  Everyone has chocolate teeth, mouth,  and face.


Lucy was saving some for later haha!

Love this...need to remember to do more of it.

At dinner our electricity was still out so we headed into town to meet Jay and get some dinner and go grocery shopping.  I figured I might as well since we couldn't cook or do anything else at home in the dark.   I had intended to spend a quiet night at home (Tuesday nights are usually our only night everyone is home) but the weather changed our plans.  So we went to Chick-fil-a for dinner, let the kids play some and then Jay brought Lulu home for bed and Karis and Brayden and I went grocery shopping.  I was glad to have it over with and very glad our electricity was back on by the time we got home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment