Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jay's Ordination

I am humbled, honored and thankful.  Tonight the most Godly man I know was ordained and it just happened to my husband.  I respect him so much and trust him with every aspect of our marriage, family and his ministry.  He is such a man of integrity and I admire him for standing up for what's right even when it isn't easy.  He is a down to earth, honest, trustworthy guy...with him, whatcha see is whatcha get.  And I am very lucky to be married to him!

The worship was amazing...we are blessed with an incredible worship band!  They sang 2 of my very favorite songs "You Said" by Hillsong and "Carrier."
Photos of the ceremony are compliments of my sweet father-in-law who knew I would want pics of it. He took them with his cell phone from the second row.  I am so thankful for them!



Dr. Wayne (our former pastor) gave the charge from 2 Timothy 2 and did a great job...very convicting!

Then the ordained men came and prayed over us and it was a very special time.  My dad was able to be a part of the council and the praying over us.  I was honored to have my dad a part of it.  I looked like I was crying because I probably was!

Prayers with Bro. Wayne...Jay worked under him and he was our pastor when we were dating, engaged, married and even after Karis was born.

We were thrilled to have family be a part of the special day.  It meant the world to us that they would travel just to be supportive of us!

Jay's mom Cindy (Nonnie), step-dad Kevin (Pop-Pop), his grandmother Lucy and granddad Pinto

My mom Jane and dad Mike (Lolli and Pop)

The five of us

Jay was ordained with one other guy, a friend of ours and youth minister at our church, Clay Taylor. 
 Jay and I actually taught his wife in sunday school at our previous church when she was a senior in high school (that makes me feel super old).  She was actually the first one (other than Jay) to find out we were pregnant with Karis before we told our families.  She came over that night I told Jay and saw the "It's a boy" and "It's a girl" balloons and FREAKED out!  "What???"  haha  She is such a sweet girl and a dear friend.  Yea we are pretty fond of Clay too.  :)  It was an honor to share this with them!


Jay loves pottery and his parents gave him this bowl.  It reads, "My son is a special part of all that is precious to my heart."

Afterwards they had a cake and punch and it was just an amazing night...a night we will never forget.  Thanks to all were a part of it!

"Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart." Psalm 32:11

1 comment:

  1. How amazing. You have a great family. Very blessed...

    ReplyDelete