Friday, February 11, 2011

Bad news and good news...

We are still stuck inside for the most part because it is still super cold and my boy has had 102 fever since last night.  :(

We have had to get really creative but I am running out of options!  Karis has done alot of drawing, making things, etc.

So Lucy has wanted to "color" just like her sissy.  But she has to have THIS pencil and THIS Dora book to draw in.  If she loses it, we all panic and search the house over until we find it.  Nothing else will do.



You can see in his eyes my boy doesn't feel so hot.  I made an appointment to take him to the doc because his cough was AWFUL and fever was still up.  

While dad was shoveling snow off of our back porch, he got this "i-cle" (as Lucy calls it) and the kids were excited!

And Karis attempted to help dad shovel snow...it is way bigger than she is!

On our way out the door to the doc :(

Waiting in the doc office.....



It always gets interesting when you are stuck in a room with 3 kiddos for an indefinite amount of time.  They end up going crazy like this and I don't blame them...

Since Karis had lost her two front teeth, when she smiles, she sticks her tongue out haha!

BAD NEWS is that the doc diagnosed Brayden with the flu.  :(  He can't have the flu shot because it has egg in it and he is allergic to eggs.  He prescribed him Tamiflu...however our insurance doesn't cover compound prescriptions so $101 later we walked out with the meds.  UGH!  But I want my baby to get better and hoping no one else gets it!

GOOD NEWS is that the girls and I came home to a delivery.  :)  Jay and Brayden ordered us girls (me, Karis and Lucy) flowers for Valentines Day.  I love that he thinks of the girls in addition to me and that this year he included Brayden in it.  The girls feel adored by their daddy and he is teaching Brayden early on how to treat a lady. :)





Job well done boys!

Brayden has spent most of his day in our bed watching cartoons and getting the special treatment.  We are giving him around the clock motrin for fever and he gets to sleep in our room next to our bed. However we let K and B go to sleep in our bed until we came to bed.  Brayden slept with his bodyguard I guess and they both have their shirts off haha!

OH and before bed, Brayden put his non-working real cell phone by his bed and said....
Brayden: "Mom if someone calls me in the middle of the night can I talk to them?"  
Mom:  "Well who is going to call you???"  
Brayden:  "I don't know, maybe Nathan."
Mom:  "Ok if he calls you, you can talk to him!"  haha

Jay and I were supposed to go to a Valentine steak dinner at church for missions but because of Brayden having the flu, we weren't able to go.  So Jay went to serve and then brought our steaks home so we could eat them together.  So after the kids went to bed, Jay and I rented The Social Network off of pay-per-view and had our Valentine dinner together.  :)  We came to bed and found this....


Thankful for my little blessings.  There is nothing more precious than sleeping children.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment