Sunday, February 27, 2011

Our Sunday

Wow it's been a busy Sunday but a great one.  We were again thankful during this flu season that everyone was healthy and we were all at church.  I try to take some pics of all the kids on Sundays because it is the only day that everyone happens to be dressed at the same time.  AND you have to take about 100 to get 1 good one.  

Lolli got this outfit for Lucy and I thought it was so cute but apparently so did Lucy.  When I dressed her this morning, she looked in the mirror and said, "Pretty!"and went to show her daddy.  :)


Out of all of these I might have gotten a keeper to frame...





I recently gave Lucy some of her leftover newborn diapers to use for her baby dolls and now she is obsessed with changing their diapers.  EXCEPT she can't do it by herself so I have to help her do it. every. time.  She even gets a wipe out and wipes the baby and says, "Oooo yucky!" like she is poopy ha!  You'll notice in several of the pictures she even lifts up the baby's leg to wipe.  I think she has seen me do it a time or two or four hundred.




This afternoon we had a wedding shower for a very sweet friend from church Tina who is getting married in 2 weeks.  She always has the biggest smile and is so fun to be around.  I seriously don't think I have EVER seen her in a bad mood.  She is just a joy and I am so happy to see her wed the man God has for her!

Of course the food was great and there was plenty of it!  

And there was such a great turnout!

Here are some of our upcoming "teenagers."  Sweet girls...future babysitters????  :)

Tonight we had small group and we are going through a study on Romans and it has been so convicting.  Tonight we were in Romans 2 and it was about God being the judge, not us.  It is so hard not to give sins "levels" and instead of judging others, guide them to holiness. One of my life verses is 1 Corinthians 6:12 which says, "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable.  All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything."  For me, I try to judge myself not whether it is right/wrong, but whether it is profitable.  Does it glorify God?  Even though it may be "ok" to do something, is it bringing me closer to the Lord?  IF not then it isn't profitting me in any way.  Does it glorify God?  IF yes, continue.  IF no, I probably shouldn't be doing it.  More than anything, I am thankful for a God of grace and mercy that I don't deserve.

We got home just in time to put kiddos in bed and for me to watch the news and was reminded of the  bad weather that is coming through tonight.  Yall know I don't like tornadic activity...excuse me I think I am going to go hurl now!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Love the tutu! My girls' Na bought them each one and they can't wait to wear them! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete