Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day 2011

I have mixed feelings about Valentines Day.  I love it but I hate it.  I don't see the point although I love the special day for the ones you love.  I remember growing up hating Valentines Day when I was single and the worst was going to school and seeing everyone else get roses and once again, I had no one to celebrate with!  But I have had a special someone to celebrate with for 8 years now and although we usually do a little something special, it really isn't that big of a deal. I mean I want to feel loved every day...not just February 14th because it is expected!  And my hubby knows me well...he knows more than expensive gifts, I want to feel special, listened to and thought of.  And he did just that.

We started off the morning with heart shaped pancakes. :)

Jay brought me and the girls these flowers home the other day.  So thankful he is doing something special for the girls this early on.  They need to know that their daddy loves them and someday they don't have to look for that love elsewhere.    Jay also surprised me and got me a camera bag I had mentioned I wanted a while back.  I was so excited I started crying!  I mentioned it one time and it was a long time ago and it made me feel special that he had listened to me and then surprised me with it!  

I loved spending the special day with my sweet Valentines...

Karis missed her Valentines party and was fine all day just not strong enough to go back to school.  She was still very weak and tired from having the flu.  :(




These three (along with their daddy) have my heart!  I love my 4 Valentines!








Karis did receive her Valentine basket from school even though she missed her party.  She was so excited to get all of her Valentines cards from her friends at school...oh and she enjoyed the candy too of course.




"But God demonstrated his love for us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment