Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Random Wednesday

We want to wish my sister-in-law a very happy birthday today!  We love you Tiffany and hope Matt spoils ya...looking forward to seeing yall on Friday!

Karis wore this jacket last week I think and her teacher assistant mentioned that her daughter had the skirt to match and she was going to look for it.  Well apparently she found it because it was in Karis' bag when she came home from school yesterday so Karis was DETERMINED to wear it today.  She couldn't wait for Mrs. Amy to see it!  It so so sweet of her to think of Karis!  I wanted to take her picture in it and so she was just standing there so I told her to put her hands on her hips.  Then she started modeling for us...we were laughing so hard.  She looked so cute.



Lulu is acting older and older every day...she is acting like a 2 year old and in just 3 short months now my baby will be 2!  She is becoming more and more like her sister although she has some of Brayden's spunk haha!  She is having conversations with us and understands when we give her commands.  SHe is talking all the time and when we give her instructions, she says "K!" and quickly obeys.  She goes up and down the stairs as she pleases to play with K and B and tells me when she wants something.  We are loving this stage she is in right now!

As of late, Brayden has been trying to teach me to wink.  NO, I can't wink and have never been able to.  Call me dysfunctional but I can't snap with my right hand or whistle either if we are being honest!  It melts my heart when he comes into a room and winks at me.  :)


I am officially addicted to some foods and I am eating them literally every day for lunch.  Mine and Lucy's new favorites are these....raw bite size butternut squash.  


As a stay at home/working mom sometimes to be honest I don't ever "sit" down to eat lunch.  Sometimes I even forget to eat (not that often I am afraid) or I end up snacking as I am feeding the 5 children I am responsible for.  I have really tried to be more diligent about sitting down to eat and eating a healthy lunch instead of "just whatever" happens to be lying around.  Lately, I have been making turkey sandwiches on whole wheat tortillas.  I have been loading them up with these peperoncini peppers, any color bell peppers, a little bit of cheese, mustard and my new favorite....purple onion.  I love the taste of them and sorry if you have to be around me after I eat them haha!  They all have so much flavor.  Lucy and I both love bell peppers and eat them like an apple.  Between the two of us we eat at least one a day.  I toast it with a little olive oil in a pan so it is crunchy on the outside and it is delicious!

Some of you probably already follow Kate McRae's story on Caringbridge.org but she has recently beat cancer and just had some devastating news yesterday and my heart breaks for them.  Kate is in in Kindergarten just like Karis and I can't imagine how hard it must be on the rollercoaster of emotions they are on.  You can read about her mom's (Holly) updates here.

1 comment:

  1. I have been totally into the green peppers too lately! I also have been loving cucumbers! I'm going to have to try the sugar snapped peas!

    ReplyDelete