Friday, February 25, 2011

We survived the storms!

Well I don't really know why I am TERRIBLY afraid of storms but I am, still.  Even as a mother of three.  And last night they predicted bad storms including tornadoes, hail, straight line winds, and lots of rain, thunder and lightning.  AND the hubby had a meeting and wasn't going to be home during the worst of it.  I was stressing throughout the day anticipating what the evening might hold, all the while trying to be "brave" for my kiddos.  

The truth was that it thankfully didn't get bad at all for our area.  I was glued to Channel 5 and had all preparations made: cleaned out underneath stairs (our tornado spot), had flashlights ready and kids were bathed early haha.  But luckily our lights didn't even go out which is really shocking considering every time it even rains it goes out for hours.  Yep, we live in the country.

The kids set up camp in my bed watching cartoons while I was glued to the news in the den.


Yep we had our flashlights loaded and ready.  Brayden carried his around everywhere he went.  He is in a "scared" stage and sometimes won't even go upstairs by himself and especially not in the dark!  He wasn't going to be caught dead without his flashlight if the lights were going to go off!

I had our weather radio ready in case our lights went out and our closet was prepped for a long night!

 Karis did some lovely drawings during the whole fiasco....

...and produced these beauties haha.
Translation:  It says, "My flawr (flower) is Prite (pretty)."

And this one made me laugh out loud! 
Translation:  "My bruthr (brother) is men (mean)."  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment