Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cold weather, Missions and baby Gideon

It is soooo cold outside today!  It got down in the 30's at one point so there is NO chance we were attempting an outside day.  The past few days it has been rainy and cold so we have basically been stuck inside and the walls are caving in on us.  In the mean time, I have started some random projects in the house such as cleaning closets and making goodwill/yard sale piles.  Have I mentioned before that I HATE CLUTTER?  I do and when I feel like things are heading there, I just start chunking stuff!  Don't tell my husband...he might be looking for something haha!  Just kidding!

Lucy is pointing to her candy cane on her shirt...she has shown me this 100 times today (as well as a few fits too...she is getting an opinion and an attitude and having to learn the hard way)!


I love this picture...so sweet!

What more does a girl need...her purse and a good book?!

Apparently these goggles were a hit today because I think every one of the kids had them on at one time or another!  :)

Speaking of weather, a tornado came through my house and hit the playroom.  Did it come through your house too???


Notice they are upside down haha!

Tonight after dinner and baths the kids were watching Kids on Mission videos.  We have several at the house and they love to watch them but tonight Jay found a bunch of them online.  They are videos about different parts of the world and how people (especially kids) are on mission in those areas.  The kids LOVE the videos.  We let them stay up until 9:00 (late!) tonight and they were still begging to watch "just one more!"  I even heard Karis say, "I want to be a missionary when I grow up!!!"  :)  You can watch the videos online here.

On a side note, one of my friends Megan (who now lives in Budapest, Hungary) just had her first baby on Sunday.  This is her before leaving to go to the hospital....yep, doesn't look pregnant, had on her high heels and pearl earrings...sickening but absolutely adorable!  Megan was in our youth group years ago, got engaged in our apartment (that was sooo fun!), Jay and I were in their wedding and they are VERY dear friends of ours! (Oh and I totally stole these pics from their facebook...I am sure they don't mind!)

 And here is baby Gideon...just perfect!

Dad and Gideon...so sweet!

We can't wait to meet baby Gideon in person!  Oh and Megan, I know you are reading this and you and Matt will be AMAZING parents!  Love yall!

1 comment:

  1. You are TOO sweet! I feel so special to have been on your blog! You know I read it all the time! We're still at the hospital, but hope to be released tomorrow. We'll have to skype so you can meet our little man!

    ReplyDelete