Friday, November 19, 2010

Productive Friday...

I'll start today's post with some pics I took of my kiddos last night asleep.  I love to go in and check on them and give them kisses before I go to bed and see them sleeping soundly.  I wonder what they were dreaming?!



And yes we got back from grocery shopping so late last night...kids did not get baths and slept in their clothes...ssshhhh don't tell.  

Today was hat day at school for a fundraiser so I took a pic of my K girl before she left...

Lucy was watching her Bible video today and she put herself right in front of the tv.  I pulled her back so she wouldn't be so close and it made her mad.  She got up and moved right back to this spot.  She will watch the entire 40 minute video without moving!  But she won't do this with anything else...just this video.

We managed to get outside some this afternoon when it warmed up a bit.  



The only pics I could get of Brayden were while he was zooming past me...oh well.  He is a boy...what can I say?!  He won't be still!



Karis brought this home today...so cute!  It will definitely go in her "special" drawers.

I wore Brayden out so much today that he fell asleep watching cartoons after Karis got home.  And NO I did not wake him up.  It is almost 9 and he is still asleep...I guess he will sleep through the night.  BUT we will take him to the bathroom or we might have a spraying disaster again!

SO the girls took a bath by themselves tonight and today especially Lucy is adoring Karis.  She wants her to hold her, hugs her and kisses her and wants to follow in her every footstep..and Karis is LOVING it!  Here are some sweet bath pics tonight of my girls...





 I used a Pioneer Woman Turkey Brine today and then Jay smoked the turkey and it was SOOOOOO good!  I mean we have already eaten a 1/4 of the turkey because we keep going back in there and snacking on it.  Here is the brine...

We have left it brining for several days in the frig before cooking it.  And the finished turkey....OH SO GOOD!

So today was one of those productive days for me.  I spent most of the morning in the kitchen and I managed to cook some things for the freezer for those don't-want-to-cook days.  I prepared our oriental burgers for tonight's dinner (so yummy if you like hoison sauce which we love!), 2 dishes of baked ziti, dirty rice for Sunday's church Thanksgiving dinner and 3 chicken pot pies.  Then this afternoon I blew out the garage (leaves are EVERYWHERE) and raked all the flowerbeds and rid them of leaves.  This is a neverending process this time of year but it gets so out of control if we don't keep up...ugh!  All the while on my hubby's day off he grilled smoked our turkey (it takes all day) and grilled our burgers for tonight.  I love days when I feel productive.   

Tomorrow has lots of fun in store...while my hubby is killing us a deer (I need ground meat!) the kids and I will be putting up our Christmas decorations!  YIPPEE!

Oh and we took this funny video of Lucy tonight.  She was blowing kisses at Jay and he was acting like they hit him in the face and she was laughing hysterically.  She had us all cracking up!
Lucy blowing kisses from Amanda Lemonds on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment