Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rainy, cold Tuesday and securities

What to do on a cold, rainy Tuesday?  I want to crawl up on the couch, drink coffee and watch a movie...anybody with me???

I had to take some pics of my K girl before she left for school...she was wearing her rain gear for the first time.  She picked these out this summer and hasn't really had the chance to wear it yet.  She was excited!



She is growing up too fast.  She told me just the other day that Lucy could have all her toys because she doesn't really play with them anymore.  :(  Sweet girl...but sad she is so old she doesn't play with kid stuff!

On rainy days we have to get creative so they don't go crazy (and me!).  




Sweet cuddles!

Karis got a new AG magazine and Lucy enjoyed looking at it this morning...


And I had a helper unloading the dishwasher!

I don't know if I have ever mentioned my kids' "securities."  Karis had a favorite blanket when she was little and she sniffed the tag while she sucked her thumb.


We eventually took this away when we wanted her to stop sucking her thumb because she wouldn't have the tag anymore.  She would be embarrassed if she knew I wrote this, but I want to have record of it later for her sake and mine...she still secretly sucks her thumb sometimes in her sleep.  She knows I don't allow it, so she tries to hide it from me, but momma knows.

Now this is the blankie she sleeps with every night.  She says it always "smells good."  If I have to sneak it away and wash it, she knows!!!  It is so strange how kids associate such little things with making them feel secure (smells, textures etc.).

Early on, Brayden got this blue polka dot blanket with his name on it.  Soon he got attached to those little dots.  So we happened to find these pillows with the same material on them and he has loved them since.  He also sucked his thumb when he was little and he is pretty much broken from it.  He doesn't even do it when going to sleep anymore.  Every now and then I will catch him but not very often.  Here is with all of his securities that are in his bed every night....blankie, pillow, froggy (came from Nonnie's shop last Christmas) and the dog Jackson (named after our old black lab Jackson).





Lucy doesn't have a blanket (although I have tried to get her to), but she does love her paci!  We plan to take it away this summer when she is two, so I hope she likes a blankie or something by then.  I dread taking that thing away.  Me and that paci have a love/hate relationship haha!

On rainy days such as these, I will pull out the "rainy day toys" (the toys with many pieces that they don't get to play with every day).  The army men kept them entertained for a while...



They would line the army men up....

...and then hit them with the cars and knock them off.  Such boys!

Then they got to play with all the animals...


Enjoy your inside day!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally addicted to Houndstooth. So, I love Lucy's outfit. I almost wrote a post about how much I love Houndstooth, but thought it was kinda silly.

    ReplyDelete