Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rainy Election Day

It has rained... ALL DAY!  It started very early this morning and the storms started rolling through and it was storming pretty bad and woke the kids up. By 6:30 this morning, we had ALL 3 kids in our bed.  No more sleep for mom and dad, but we did enjoy having all of them right there with us snuggling!  If they are anything like me, they will still be doing this during storms when they are teenagers!  Have I ever mentioned that I HATE storms?!  

Anyway because of Election Day, students were out so Karis got to stay home with us to play!  It was fun having her home and she was excited to be home for just a day even if we were rained in.

Lucy loved having her sissy here!

Trey and Brayden enjoyed having her here too (although I think Brayden got jealous he had to share his sister and his friend and didn't have such a good day!).  Oh but he did tell me at one point today that I was still a teenager so he got a big kiss from me haha!  Karis tried to convince him I was 31 and he said, "No she's not!  Mom is still a teenager!"  Love it!

They made some art to go on the walls...see?



They played some b-ball...

...and laughed real hard!


They colored some more...

Ax rode a doll horse...

Karis has a loose top tooth and worked on it for a long time today...no luck yet though.

She had lots of "help" and encouragement from these two...


We played play-doh...








And even ate some popsicles...Lucy ate a WHOLE chocolate popsicle down to the last lick (except what she was wearing!).  

Tonight we ate a yummy dinner (tenderloin, baked potatoes, baked mushrooms and salad) and then I went to VOTE!  The kids wanted to go and were very excited about the whole thing although I warned them it wouldn't be too exciting.  When I finished, I said, "Ok let's go!"  They said, "That's all????"  Yep, I am afraid that was it!

I was asking Karis tonight if she wanted to order a yearbook and she wasn't sure what I meant so I got out all my elementary/middle school yearbooks out and we started looking through them.  OH MY...I realized how DORKY I was when I was little!  And the hair-dos are shocking now...the big bangs, crimped hair, etc.  It is amazing how the trends change over the years! WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment