Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas Tree 2010

I have been wanting to try a new recipe so since we had a morning at home, I thought I would give it a try!  I made this blueberry breakfast and I got the recipe here.

Here's what you need:
6 ounces cream cheese
1 large egg
1 1/4 confectioners' sugar
1 (11 oz) can refrigerated breadstick dough
3/4 cup fresh, frozen or canned blueberries (I always go for the fresh)
2 teaspoons water
2 tablespoons orange juice

You mix a 1/4 sugar, egg yolk and cream cheese.  Lay out the breadsticks on a greased pan, spread the cream cheese mixture on center of breadsticks and then drop blueberries in the middle.  Then fold the breadsticks in to look like this...

Baste with egg wash (egg white and water).  Cook on 375 for 20 minutes.  Mix o.j. and a cup of confectioners sugar to pour over the top.

Slice and eat...delicious! 

Oh we got a new letter from our Compassion child Moses and Karis was reading it this morning.  She thinks he draws really good!


Once our bellies were full, we started on the Christmas tree!  The not-so-fun part was getting it all down from attic, assembling the trees, putting the lights on etc.  But then comes the really fun part of the kids helping put the ornaments on.  The end result is always worth it!  Daddy (and Brayden kinda) assembled the tree and then I put lights on it.  Then we all put the ornaments on.



While the boys assembled the tree, K sat there looking pretty..

While Lucy found a glass paci ornament.  No doubt it was her favorite!  She would suck on it and then look at it like, "It's not working!"


Then we put it on the tree and she kept taking it off.  It was so funny!  She kept saying, "papi!"

So then we had to put it up high where she couldn't reach it.  She kept staring at it!

Brayden loved putting his ornaments on!

They loved finding "their" ornaments and sharing them with us!

Lucy kept getting any doll or snowman out and then kissing it!




Karis was of course a great helper.

Her first Christmas ornament..

Lucy couldn't figure out how to "hang" the ornaments so she just kept sitting them on a branch and we had to go behind her and put them on.  But she would come running back to the box to get another one!



Brayden loved the Spiderman...

 This is the only decent picture I got of all three of them and Brayden looks like he is scared of something.  Oh well...one day.




One of my new additions this year is this nativity set my MIL gave me last year.  It is on my mantle and I love it!

I can't seem to find some of my stockings so I will have to find some more.  I really need to get some monogrammed and think this every year but just haven't done it yet.

Our finished tree...

I love these special memories every year.  You can see some detailed pics of special ornaments in last year's post here.

OH and I thought I would post some pics of 2 years ago (2008) so you could see how much K and B have changed over the past 2 years.  WOW!  And of course Lucy wasn't born yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment