Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Random Tuesday

There is no point in this post but have some randoms and of course a few pics to include!

The girls had fun playing outside today and playing Wii Princess.  Yea, today is the first day of Winter and it was almost 70 degrees today.  It was eerily beautiful!  I took advantage of the weather and blew some leaves not that it will look any different tomorrow. The leaves out here seem to replenish themselves daily!

Lucy's new thing is to stick out her tongue about everything.  She does it when she is smiling, playing, running, eating and when she gets embarrassed.  Maybe teething or just a habit who knows?!  Hopefully she will outgrow this she looks kinda funny haha!

Lucy is learning to pose for the camera. Of course she has had a camera in her face since the day she was born.  She knows I love to take pics by the big front window so today when I got out my camera, she goes running in there and sits on the window sill and poses.  That girl is smart!  Oh and check out her cheeks...she is getting some chub chub and I love it!  Karis did too at this age and I just love some wrinkles on my babies!

Brayden is enjoying having Karis' company these days since she is out of school.  I am enjoying her company too!

----------------------------------------------
Today I had a dentist appointment and I always dread it so bad but no cavities so I was pleased.  At the last minute Karis wanted to come with me so after the dentist appointment we went to Chick-fil-a for some girl time. :)    I loved it!

-----------------------------------------------
I ate my weight in some homemade Chex Mix today!  Thanks to my friend Sarah for the recipe...it is da bomb! I don't think she will mind me sharing it.

3 cups Corn Chex® cereal
3 cups Rice Chex® cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex® cereal
3 cups cheerios
1 stick of butter
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder

I mix all the cereal in one of those big roasting pans. Melt the butter in the microwave, then add all the seasonings to the butter. Pour the butter mix over the cereal. Bake at 250 for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes. :)

----------------------------------------
The Lord has used this scripture in my life today and I wanted to share.

‎"The children of men take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They drink their fill of the abundance of Your house; and you give them to drink of the river of Your delights." Psalm 36:7-8

If you are a child of the King, there is shelter in the shadow of His wings!  Just drink of Him and He will give you not a little portion but a RIVER OF HIS DELIGHTS!  That is what I desire!  Oh Lord what a blessing to know that all we need can be found in YOU....a whole river full!!!

-----------------------------------------
Kids are in bed and Jay and I are watching Miracle on 34th Street.  Neither of us have ever seen it all the way through.  Ok...pick your jaw up off the floor and breathe!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment