Friday, December 3, 2010

Jay's 7 point buck!

This morning my hubs was up before dawn, hunting at 5 a.m. on his day off.  I have mentioned to him in the last few weeks that I NEEDED him to kill a deer this year so I don't have to buy ground beef.  If he kills one a year, it keeps me from having to buy beef for a whole year!  And he gladly obliged of course. :)  

And this is what he came home with....



He was thrilled and I was just as thrilled for him.  After all, it was needed...BUT it is a sport for him too! He had seen a bunch of doe playing in the field and THEN the big guy came out and was chasing them. Little did he know that his women chasing was about to be his last!

Lucy didn't know what to think at first and then just kept pointing at it!

Check out that excited grin!



Brayden was more excited than any of us I think.  His daddy is his hero!

Brayden originally went out in his pj's, but then came in to get warm clothes because he planned to be with his daddy through every step of it.  He just couldn't get enough!  He and his daddy spent ALL day together and he was in deer heaven!




Check out that rack!

He's dead!







It's off to processing and soon we will have a freezer full of meat!!!  Woohoo!

***By the way...a rule at our house is you kill it, we have to eat it.  We don't just kill for sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment