Monday, December 13, 2010

Karis' gymnastics Show Night!

Karis had her gymnastics show night tonight.  Tonight was especially neat to me because I had no idea what all they had been doing in gymnastics.  She goes twice a week for 2 hours at a time and I can't sit there entertaining a 4 year old and 18 month old for that long.  So I usually drop her off and then Jay and I will come back and pick her up.  

WOW!  I was impressed!  She is in her third year in gymnastics and is now in a pre-team (pre-competition) team and since she has been in this class (and taking so many more hours a week) she has improved so much.  She just lights up out there on that floor and she absolutely loves it!


She is the one closest to the camera.










They even had a routine that the girls did put to music which prepares them for competition.  I really was hesitant putting her on this team because I just KNEW she wouldn't do these solo routines in front of all those people (she is very shy sometimes).  BUT she not only did it, but did it with a smile and NO FEAR!  I was so proud of her!  (A video of her quick solo routine is at the bottom of this post.)




The team with Coach Kim after getting their medals!




Me and my little gymnast!


Lolli and Pop intended to come tonight and Lolli ended up on the side of the road and by the time she and Pop got there, it was over and we were literally walking out the door. :(  But they did go to Taco Bell and eat with us afterwards (Karis' choice of course!).

Here are 2 videos from tonight...

Karis Gymnastics show night routine from Amanda Lemonds on Vimeo.


Karis gymnastics show night from Amanda Lemonds on Vimeo.



No comments:

Post a Comment