Thursday, December 23, 2010

Just enjoying the calm before the storm...

Hello blog friends!  We have had a wonderful week together as a family and blogging has taken a backseat.  Jay is on "vacation" this week so we have enjoyed lazy days, eating lunch with friends, dinner with friends, playing Wii with friends, family outings, sleeping in late, eating junk, pj days and so much more.  It has been absolutely wonderful!

On a side note, Karis has been changing Lucy's diapers for me (wet ones that is) because she just wanted to!  I welcomed the help!!!  Now if we could just get rid of the diapers all together I would be one happy momma!

 Lucy has grown up overnight it seems.  She is playing with the big kids like she is one of them.  She has learned to go up and down the stairs all by herself and does great.  So she is so happy just going up to play with the kids and down when she wants.  She is communicating all the time and saying phrases like crazy, "help me, open for me" and I am loving that she has turned into a big girl. 

She played play-doh this morning for over an hour and LOVED it!

And of course licked the ice cream cone a few times too.

We have played chase, had tickling wars, played competitions on the Wii (even dancing ones!) and enjoyed our family time.



I have also let my house go (at times it has been disasterous) and laundry to enjoy the time with my family (only to play catch up at other times) but it has been worth it.

Did I mention we have eaten alot of junk???  We have....and alot of it.   And it has been good.  And I will regret it come January 1st when I have to do something about it...ugh.

These have been relaxing days with the family and friends and it is just the calm before the storm.  Tomorrow begins our Christmas festivities and we are excited about seeing our families.  

From our family to yours, we hope you have a wonderful Merry Christmas and enjoy your family during this special season of the Lord's birth.  Don't forget it isn't about the presents, trees, Santa, decorations or even food (although my belly sometimes thinks so!)...but something much much bigger.  He came to dwell among us and THEN only to die.  For you and me.  And THAT is worth celebrating!  

No comments:

Post a Comment