Saturday, July 31, 2010

Some of my fav songs and the story behind them in my life

Through one of the toughest times in my life of feeling very lonely and not understanding what God was doing in my life (right before I met Jay), I spent TONS of time in the Word and I was introduced to Shane and Shane by my best friend Amber (who has since graduated to glory) and I was hooked instantly.  Their music is so honest, scriptural and worshipful.  To this day I love to listen to their music and never get tired of it and always feel closer to the Lord for listening.

When I met Jay, one of the first things that gave us an instant connection was that we both were in the Word, LOVED listening to Shane and Shane and we were both reading A.W. Tozer at the time.  It is almost like God was confirming that we were "equally yoked" and confirming that we were supposed to be together.  We have since been to several of their concerts together, some even out of town while on vacations (we don't go to many concerts).

I also loved Bethany Dillon and especially her song "Beautiful."  I think every girl ought to listen to the song and how true that all of us women face struggling with our beauty and the difference between the beauty the world sees and the beauty God sees in us.


Bethany started touring with Shane and Shane and eventually Bethany married Shane Barnard.  They have since had a little girl and named her LUCY JAMES BARNARD.  Of course you know that Lucy is my youngest daughter's name and James is my husband's name.  As you can tell we have many special connections with them and their music and I wanted to share some of it with you for those that might not have heard their music.

Shane and Shane "The Answer"
My happiness is found in LESS OF ME and MORE OF YOU.


Shane Barnard "Psalm 145"


Shane Barnard "You Said"
Shane quoting scripture of things God said including God to heal the nations and for the nations to see the glory of God.



Shane and Shane "Be Near"



Shane and Shane with Bethany Dillon "Yearn"



In the car, you will often find me listening (when I am not listening to Kidsongs of course) to Shane and Shane or Bethany Dillon.  You can check out Bethany's blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment