Sunday, August 1, 2010

LOOOVIN' my new lens...

I have had a little bit of time to play with my new 50 mm lens that I got for my birthday but not as much as I would like.  With my very little camera knowledge, I do know the lens is good for close up pics of things and people when there is a wide depth of field (background that is far off) because it blurs the background.  If you are taking some pics that have no depth of field, it doesn't really do you any favors.  Here are some pics I have taken over the last week or so out around our house....  
       




These pics aren't great for the lens I was using (no depth) but I wanted to show you how massive some of the catfish are getting.  This one is probably 8-10 lbs. and probably 2-3 feet long 
(per Jay).
  



Last night at Lolli's my dad grilled out steaks to celebrate with my parents and Jonathan and Jenna.  It was a great time with family of course!  I took some pics of the kids at my mom's house because the scenery is always so good for pics.  












No comments:

Post a Comment