Thursday, July 29, 2010

My birthday date day/night

While Lolli has kiddos for a few days, Jay and I had a whole day/night just to spend together.  We hung out at home today and spent alot of time talking, reading, and relaxing.  It was much needed and enjoyed.  Since it was my "birthday" date, I got to choose where we went.  I wanted to try some new places and was so excited about them!  I have had some blog friends recently suggest some places around town so I owe it to Simply Smithwick for suggesting Sharky's and Summer for suggesting Muddy's.  

Before we left

Sharky's was such a cool restaurant.  One of my fav things about going on vacation is getting to lay out all day and then going out to eat that night.  Sharky's is a seafood restaurant and it reminded me of those nights on vacation.


The food was delicious!  We shared some spinach dip and then I got nigiri sushi (tuna, salmon and yellow tail).  Jay ordered grouper I think and he said it was delicious!!!




Muddy's is a local bakery and I am not normally a cupcake kind of girl (I don't like the icing just the cake part) but I ordered a mocha madness and it was seriously the best cupcake I have ever had!  It had many options as you can tell and it was pretty cheap too!  I highly recommend Muddy's!



As we were leaving, it started pouring and the streets immediately flooded within minutes.  I was freaking out!  We passed a van that was coming out of a funeral home and had to cross the flood and seriously, no joke...the water came up over the hood of their car!!!  I can't believe they made it out of there!


A few minutes later we saw this...

It reminded me that my God may flood the streets, but He promised He will NEVER flood the earth again.  And my God keeps his promises!  That rainbow was such a sweet reminder of how good my God truly is!  :)

Jay and I go to a movie maybe only once or twice a year and we have heard so many people say this was a great movie so we went to see Inception.  It was a fabulous movie!  It is one of those "thinking" movies which I usually don't prefer but I loved it.  We were still talking about all those details all the way home. Whoever wrote that movie was seriously a genius!


Great night...good food but an incredibly handsome date! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow- thanks for the great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your birthday date night and doubly glad y'all made us part of it. :)
    Happy happy!

    ReplyDelete