Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fun Saturday

The morning started off early...Lucy was crying at 5:00!  I finally got up with her about 6:00 when Karis came downstairs and said she had had a bad dream.  So I got up with Lucy and Karis crawled in the bed with her daddy.  Lucy's schedule is all out of whack because I am trying to get her to one nap instead of two.  She is waking up early, drinking milk and going straight back to bed until 8 or so.  Then she naps after lunch usually for about 3 hours.  But I think she is going through a growth spurt too because the last two days she has doubled the milk she drinks.  She guzzles it like she is starving!!!

I love this shirt she has on.  I kept asking her "Lucy what does your shirt say???"  And she looks down at it like she is reading it...so funny.  The front says "I love daddy.."
        


Jay planned to take Brayden fishing tonight so he was getting their poles ready this morning and Lucy was very interested in them!  Maybe daddy will make a country girl out of her yet...or not!!!


All the kids were playing so well together for about an hour (Lucy included) and I snuck some pics of B in the toybox.


He is pointing to his new shoes that are "sooooo fast" he says.  He wears them ALL day long.


This afternoon I took Karis shopping for school clothes.  It was so fun just to spend special time with her...I hope we made memories that will last a lifetime.  We shopped until she told me she wanted to go home and take a nap....for real she did.  After shopping, we made a run by sonic and picked up some slushes.  We took these while waiting...


She got some clothes, headbands and shoes.  Her favorite was no doubt the raincoat and boots...she wore them around the house tonight after her bath.


While Jay took Brayden fishing, Karis and I sat down and wrote our Compassion child Moses and then made a chocolate chip pound cake for the boys to eat when they got back.  :)  

It was so good but very rich.  YUM!  I got the recipe from Kelly's blog and included the recipe.


Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Ingredients:
1 pkg dark chocolate cake mix
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
1 16 oz sour cream
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preaheat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan. Mix together ingredients and pour in pan. Bake for one hour and then cool. Top with powdered sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment