Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Karis loses her FIRST and SECOND tooth!

If pulling teeth/blood makes you sick, skip this post!

While in Pickwick, Karis pulled TWO teeth HERSELF!  Her bottom two middle teeth have been loose for a while and the new tooth behind her bottom left tooth has been in for a while.  So we got to working on that tooth one night and she, along with coaching from Katie, wiggled it really loose and it started bleeding so I knew it had to come out.  She was determined to do it herself and she did it!  There was screaming and celebrating all over the house!!!

Right before she pulled it...
       



Yah!  She did it!!!! (7-9-10)



Ok, so there is a funny story that goes along with the pulling of teeth.  To make a long story short and without giving lots of history/reasoning, Jay and I decided early on NOT to do Santa/tooth fairy etc.  So Karis knew that the tooth fairy was not real/didn't exist.  HOWEVER, her 2 cousins that were there (ages 8 and 5) do NOT know the tooth fairy isn't real.  So we HAD to play along and Karis thought it was cool that she knew something that her older cousin didn't know.  She would just grin in excitement when they talked about it and then would look at me! :)

Her 8 year old cousin Katie made her this sign to put under her pillow for the tooth fairy....

It says, "Dear tooth fairy, Please don't take my tooth.  My daddy wantes to sea it.  If you don't want to leave me money you don't have to.  PS.  If you want to leave me money you can.  Sincerily, Karis"



Ok so part 2:
24 hours later, she decided to work on her 2nd tooth that was loose and pulled that one too! (7-10-10)

And she had a cheering squad...

And she pulled number 2!

I love this toothless grin!!!

This is note #2 that Katie made for Karis to leave for the tooth fairy.  It reads, "Dear tooth fairy, Please leave alot of glitter.  Couse it would be my first time seing your glitter.  And-if you want to give me a couple dollares. Sincirley, Karis *Don't take my tooth"

I panicked when I read this letter.  It was 10:00 p.m. and I knew I had to find some glitter!  So I called Aunt Jessie who was on her way back and she stopped and picked up some glitter pens for us to use.  The "tooth fairy" (a.k.a. Kelly) made this...


Karis of course had lots of questions.  She pulled me aside and said, "MOM!  Who made the sign???"  :)  Hehe so proud of my girl!  My baby is growing up!  She lost her first two teeth and in less than a month will start Kindergarten sniff sniff!

No comments:

Post a Comment