Monday, December 17, 2012

Our weekend

Friday our buddies Amy, Story, Meila, and Oakley came to visit.  Lucy was so excited to see Story and asked when Story was moving back to her house.  :( Don't think she quite gets it yet that they have moved away for good.  I was also able to take some pictures for Amy of the kids. 


 Friday night we went out to eat as a family (well not Karis she went out of town with her best friend Mari-Morgan). We haven't been to Outback in a really long time and it is one of Jay's favorite places to go.  Brayden wanted Chick-fil-A but after having "Outback" he said, "Man that "out of town" was really good!"  He forgot what it was called and we laughed so hard.  After I yawned in the car that night he also asked me if I had the "yawn fever."  He was full of funnies that night!
 Lucy CHOWED on her food and ate a ton and then as we were walking out, a lady was walking around handing out bloomin' onion samples and I didn't think she would like it so I was surprised she took one.  She was chowing again as we were walking out the door.  Then she said, "Mommy why didn't YOU get one?!?!"  Haha

Then we drove through Southern Lights which was great!



 As you know on Friday we had some tragedies in our country with the Connecticut shootings where a gunman came into a school and shot 6 adults and 20 Kindergarten and 1st grade students.  I just can't fathom and my heart breaks for them and what they must be feeling especially right before Christmas!  I, like all of you, was grieving all of it.  But Saturday morning it was neat to see how God gave me just what I needed in my scripture reading.  It is so like God to be right on time!  I was reminded that it is only by God's grace that we aren't overcome with evil such as this gunman.  We must make a conscious effort to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh.

 Saturday afternoon we went to celebrate a very special friend, Trey, who turned 6 this week.  Brayden was SOOOO excited I think he was ready to go HOURS before it was time.  We love our buddy Trey!

It was at Skate Odysey and it was the first time that Lucy had been roller skating and I think Brayden's second time.  They both had these skate helpers which were wonderful but I still had to help Lucy and stayed bent over for hours.  My back was so sore but it was fun!




What does God say about debt?  We are trying to get out of debt and can't wait until that weight is lifted off our shoulders!

Sunday we went after church to lunch at Windy City Grille with our buddies the Tillmans and I took their family pictures.  Karis had spent all weekend with Mari-Morgan and they still can't get enough of each other!


 Sunday afternoon we made our first ever Gingerbread House and then Sunday night we went to Riverbend's Family Christmas Splash and then went out to eat with the Potts for dinner.  

This weekend Karis had gone to Mari-Morgan's grandparents with her and had a ball.  Paige sent me pics while they were gone....


Yes, she drove it. YIKES!


 Fun weekend but it went by way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment