Saturday, December 8, 2012

Date night

Yesterday Jay and I had an anniversary of sorts a day I will never forget.  On December 7, 2002 after I had been shopping with my friend Christie, Jay proposed in his apartment.  It happened to be exactly 6 months since we started dating (June 12, 2002) and it was 6 months until our wedding date that we had already scheduled (June 7, 2003).  It was an OH HAPPY DAY!

My sweet hubs posted this yesterday.  We are blessed indeed!


I just happened to read this today in my study.  Thankful that love is not just emotions, but a choice.  Not all days are easy but we CHOOSE to love each other, even when it's tough.  One of the biggest things I have learned about marriage is that communication and sacrifice are hard, but necessary for a healthy relationship.  And Jesus MUST be the center or else those two things are almost impossible.  We don't have a perfect relationship and are still learning after 10 years.  Hopefully there will be many more!

Since the kids are at Lolli's this weekend, we decided to have a date night tonight to celebrate.  We went to Carrabba's since we haven't been there in years.  It was delicious!
 Then we decided to have dessert at a place that neither of us have ever been but have wanted to go for a while now.  The Beauty Shop in midtown used to be a beauty shop that Priscilla Presley used to get her famous do and 10 years ago it was turned into a restaurant.  We had yummy crepes and coffee and we loved the quaint atmosphere.
Love this man!

No comments:

Post a Comment