Friday, December 21, 2012

Lucy got her ears pierced!!!

Lucy has been wanting to get her ears pierced like her best friend Story but when I ask her if she wants to go get them pierced she will nonchalantly say, "no, not today."  But this morning I just randomly said, "Lucy, let's go get your ears pierced today."  She simply replied, "Ok."  I really didn't think she would go through with it but she never hesitated or questioned her decision...not once.  She was determined.  She had 4+ cheerleaders as she did it!!!  

This was minutes prior to the piercing...all smiles!  A little quiet but not scared, crying or questioning what she had gotten herself in to!

They used the marker....

Ready and waiting...

Then it was "GO" time.  I told them I wanted to do both at the same time (or we might leave with just one pierced!) and so in the pic below, she had a girl on each ear and me holding her hand down below.  She did GREAT!  Not a tear until about 5 seconds after it happened she cried for about 15 seconds and then it was over!  She was sooooo proud but I was more proud of her!

She did it and it was almost a non-event.  We were more nervous for her than I think she was!

Here is a short video and you can't see a whole lot but here it is....GO LUCY GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment