Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Creamy no-nut fudge

I think I have posted this before but since I am adding all my holiday treats I  thought I would add it too.  This is probably my kids' all time favorite treat to have around the house, as would it be any kids.  Make it...you won't regret it!

No-nut fudge
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 7 oz. jar marshmallow creme
2/3 cup evaporated milk (5 oz. can)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter

11 1/2 oz. milk chocolate morsels
6 oz. semi-sweet morsels
1/2 cup pecans (optional I don't use nuts)
1 tsp. vanilla

1.  In a pan combine first 5 ingredients and bring them to a full boil over medium heat; stirring constantly (it takes about 5 minutes).
2.  Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until it all melts.
3.  Stir in nuts (optional) and vanilla.
4.  Pour into aluminum foil lines 8X8 inch square pan.  This makes it easier to remove and cut. 
5.  Chill in refrigerator until firm (2-4 hours but best overnight).
6.  Pull aluminum foil out of pan and peel back and slice.
7.  Keep refrigerated.






I always have lots of helpers when I make fudge...


Jake got to lick the 2nd helping spoon.  He decided he would "try" it and then decided it was mmm...good!


No comments:

Post a Comment