Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas morning...

 Merry Christmas! Indeed its a special day to celebrate the best given gift ever...the day Jesus left his heavenly throne to be able to relate and sacrifice for us.

Our morning started off slow surprisingly and I was able to shower before we started our Christmas morning.
The kids were so sweet and patient...

But before we started opening gifts, Jay read the Christmas story from Luke 2 while the kids listened intently.  Then he prayed the sweetest prayer over them.  I am so thankful for such a Godly husband and son for my kids.  

Then we opened stockings...


Then we let the kids open gifts from each other first.  They were so excited over handmade and dollar tree gifts from each other.  :)  It melted my heart!
 
Brayden was so sweet and overly excited about each gift we gave him...










Karis handmade me and Jay both books of us and her.  It was one of our favorite gifts all Christmas!














Then we had a tornado at our house from the whirlwind of gift opening...


Then we had one more surprise up our sleeves.  Since we don't do Santa and only do "three" gifts, we wrapped up our 3 gifts and then told them we had one more surprise.  Jay had new bikes sat out and then opened the garage for them to see them.







Lucy's favorite gift...a new Bitty!

Karis' favorite gift...a Kindle!

And Brayden's favorite was a pocket knife!  He thought he wasn't getting it and was so surprised!

Jay got me some lotion, a camera strap and a new steam mop.  Mine broke a while back and I have missed it so.  I was so thankful for all of them!  He did good!



I got Jay some shirts, sweatshirts,  jeans and an iPad dock/speaker/alarm clock.

We set up Karis makeup table Nonnie gave her and her and Lucy were playing in it for over an hour until we had to go.


I helper her organize all her makeup and realized she has more makeup than I do and she is only 8!  And no we don't wear let her wear it out just play in it really.

And this is what didn't even fit in the table!




 Then we all got dressed and headed over to Lolli's house to celebrate Christmas with Lolli and Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment