Saturday, December 29, 2012

Date night!

While the kids were at Lolli's for the weekend, Jay and I decided to go on a date night since it has been a while.  I was given some gift cards at Christmas so we were thankful to get to use those for our date.  We left about noonish and went to see Les Miserables.  Neither of us had ever seen it before so other than a musical and recognizing some of the songs, we didn't know what to expect.   I will say the acting was great and it was a good movie, although it was either of our preferences on a movie.  It was long and Jay couldn't believe they sang the entire movie.  Yea, I don't think he would go see it again ha!  He is not a musical kind of guy.  I actually like musicals however I am not a fan of history and there was a lot of history in the movie.  But if you like musicals, you will LOVE it!

Then we stopped by Starbucks for a cup of joe!
Then we went to a restaurant we have never been to before.  I had a gift card to Carabba's but the gift card was also one of the sister restaurants such as Bonefish or Flemings.  Jay chose Flemings and it was GOOD!  It was some of the best steak we have ever had however it was really expensive.  It probably won't be in our rotation of restaurants except for special occasions.  But it was GREAT food!  And they gave us a complimentary dessert box when we left...I'll take it!
 Then as if the date wasn't good enough, at dinner we got to talking about iPads and how I finally think I might use one.  Up to this point Jay has tried to convince me I would like one but I just wasn't too interested in them.  However I had finally decided that I might like to have one.  This made his day and on the way home, he pulled into Best Buy and said, "Come on I am going to buy you an iPad!!"  I was excited!  How awesome is he?!  And I LOVE the case too!


And I love it!  He got me all set up and I had a ball playing around with it.  SO fun!  I've been missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment