Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Updates all around

Tuesday night we did the first of many "divide and conquer" moments of the year.  Brayden had his first soccer practice for this season and Karis had her uniform fitting for cheerleading on the same night at about the same time.  I was able to drop by Brayden's practice just for a second before rushing off to Karis' fitting.  I didn't want to miss it!

The embarrassed moments have begun...I had to beg and plead for me to get his picture before practice. He said he didn't want anyone to see him posing for a picture!  Isn't Kindergarten a little early for that ha?!  But I got it nonetheless.





 I can't wait to see him play in just a few weeks!

I happened to have Lucy dressed one day this week before Karis and Brayden left for school so I grabbed the opportunity to take some pics real quick.  I don't have any more babies anymore...they are all looking so grown up and beautiful from the inside out.





I, along with the rest of the South, have been watching the hurricane coverage.  Between the Republican Convention and the Weather Channel, we have watched more tv than we have in the last 6 weeks!  It's amazing to me how the weather men (and women) can predict weather like they can.  I enjoy watching it as long as I am not in it ha!  I am scared to death of storms, although I try to hide it from my children (and one day I know they will read this and my secret will be out!).
Currently the skies look like this and I know it won't be for long.  We could use some rain...lots of it but praying it doesn't bring tornadoes with it!


Lucy has been putting on her own makeup lately...

In other news, I came across an interesting post the other day about mailing things that are 13 oz. or less...pretty neat stuff.  You can see it here.

Several of you have asked about Brayden this week and the answer is anxiety is no longer an issue for now (and hopefully for good!)...yah!  He hasn't cried since the middle of last week about school and is doing great at home and at school!  He is still a perfectionist (he gets it honest ahem!) and probably will always be but the anxiety is gone.  I got this text from his teacher on Wednesday after I texted her to check on him....

I saw this on Facebook the other day and I have no idea where the original source is and I take no credit for it; however I laughed out loud when I saw it.  Every day I miss my kids while they are at school but I am sure there will be a day when the realization that ALL my kids are in school and it will be a celebration even if it is for a second before I start missing them again!

Excuse our plastic plates (kids like the divided plates for dinner), but I cooked a Pinterest meal tonight that was easy and yummy.  It is called Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken and you can find it here.  I will make it again!


Sorry this post was kind of random however that seems to be how life is these days!   Looking forward to the upcoming long weekend with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment