Sunday, August 26, 2012

Our weekend


Friday night we went to Arkabutla Lake, then Saturday morning was a fun day at home.  The kids found all kinds of stuff to keep them busy.  The girls did makeup/played dress up.....

Brayden hung up all of his work he had done at school the previous week all over his room.  He is taking this school stuff seriously!

While the kids were playing, I was doing some cleaning since Jay was doing some training that day.  The kids asked to help me mop.  My answer, "Well of course!"  And, oh by the way, my steam mop broke in half and I have about cried every time I mop.  I miss it!

The kids painted....

And after dinner, we all went for a run.  And when I say all, I mean except for Lucy.  Karis and Brayden even ran a lap or two while Jay continued with his Couch to 5K.  No pain, no gain.  And it is all pain right now...ouch.

Love this scripture I read in my quiet time on Saturday!

Sunday morning, I was laying in bed with a really bad headache (and almost missed church but my meds kicked in just in time) and Brayden came in to check on me.  He left the room and came back with this cup of Keurig coffee for me that he fixed for me all by himself.  He has such a tender heart!

Sunday we had a guest preacher and it was about what a Godly father looks like.  It was really good, convicting for all and so applicable.  It may be so thankful that I have a husband who takes this seriously.  Our nightly family Bible study has become one of the kids' favorite times of day and they get excited when it is time for it and beg to read "just a little more!"  We see the Lord working in each of their lives and they are just hungry for the Word, little sponges!  We both feel Karis and Brayden are on the verge of salvation!  We just want to make sure they are really ready and know/understand the decision they are making.

After church, Story came over to play and they had a ball.  These two love each other so much!

Karis did fingernails with the girls and I helped make some water balloons with Brayden...
 We ended the day with a little grocery shopping and it's a wrap!  Fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment