Sunday, August 19, 2012

Our weekend

We had a wonderful weekend!  Friday night we got all dressed up and went to a wedding of a sweet girl that I have known since she was tee-tiny.  I used to babysit her and her dad (Burr) used to be my youth minister years ago and ended up marrying Jay and I.  Even though she is 22 and a college graduate, I just don't think she is old enough to be getting married.  In my mind she is just 10!

My sweet kiddos all ready for the wedding...

Natalie and Andrew...beautiful couple!  Her dad did the wedding and it was just precious.  He had us all in tears!

Hope they are having a fabulous time in Jamaica!

After the wedding, the kids all went home with Lolli for the weekend!  I was sad about my kids being gone but I enjoyed it nonetheless. :)  I enjoyed quiet time around the house, special time with my hubby and even managed to sleep in late!

Saturday morning after sleeping in until 8, I had the house to myself since Jay had a Saturday morning meeting.  I lit my favorite candle, got me a cup of coffee and enjoyed some time reading and playing on my computer for a few hours.  It was NICE!




Then I had a MUCH needed hair cut/color.  I have gotten tired of roots because I don't go often enough to keep up my highlights.  I have good intentions every time but for whatever reason, just wait way too long.  So for the Fall, I just decided I wanted something different.  I told her I wanted to go dark...darker than my normal color.  I wanted CHANGE!  And that is sure what I got!

Then that night Jay and I went on a date to Kublai Khan.  I had never been there before but Jay had with co-workers for business lunches.  It is so neat...you go through this line where they have all kinds of raw meat and veggies and you get what you want, seasonings, sauces and all and then take it to the grill and they cook it for you and bring it to your table.  



Mine was crazy yummy!  I put teriyaki sauce, peppers, zucchini, broccoli, chicken, egg, pineapple (made it soooo yummy), and fried rice.  It was so much Jay and I each had leftovers and ate it for lunch the next day.

Not exactly sure what all this is but I do know Jay's had shrimp and steak in it and some kind of noodles.  He said his was very good!


Then we got 2 redbox movies and picked up some ice cream to enjoy at home.

Sunday we went to church and I did all my meal planning and grocery shopping for the week....whew!

My college friend Jeri Ann was in town with her hubs because he was speaking at a local church about going as missionaries soon to Colombia, South America.  I have been so excited about seeing her for weeks and was thrilled we were able to go.  This girl has been such a blessing in my life. I am so thankful for her friendship!  I might/might not have shed some tears when we left.  :(

It was a great weekend thanks Lolli for keeping the kids for us and giving us a break! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the hair!

    One of our favorite places to eat...I've been "perfecting my bowl" for some time! That's what I like to call it. Two eggs is where it's at! :)

    ReplyDelete