Friday, August 10, 2012

First week school update


Well it is the end of week one of school and both kids are still loving it!  They are both eager to get ready each day and go to school and Brayden was even sad that the weekend meant 2 days he didn't go.  I am sure by Monday he will be dying to go back!

I think this was on day 2 this week before school...all smiles!


Karis has had good reports all week and Brayden has too with the exception of day 2 he had to pull a card once for talking.  He is used to playing outside all day and doing his own thing so this school thing is an adjustment.  But yesterday he even got to get something out of the treasure box!

I am adjusting to the TOTALLY different personalities in my kids.  We are having to learn that we can't compare them or expect the same things from them.  God made them so very different and special and we will choose to cherish who they are, just the way they are.

While Karis and Brayden are at school I am loving having special time with Lucy.  It's crazy I know but I feel like she grew up some when they were both gone.  She has acted better and more mature and has been such a calm, sweetheart.  She came downstairs the other day just to say, "Mom, I need to cuddle."  Melt my heart!

We often say that Lucy is our little "ham."  At dinner she likes to perform.  On some show Karis and Brayden got this saying, "That is not my job!"  So they have been performing it for each other lately.  The other night Lucy got going and had us laughing.  DIVA?!
       

Karis' new favorite song is Carly Rae Jepsens's "Call Me Maybe."  She sings it often and plays the video on my computer.  We also have been watching the Olympics alot so I loved this video of the Olympic Swim Team singing it.  It makes you want to get up and dance!!!

And here is Lucy performing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment