Saturday, September 4, 2010

Zoo

We went to the zoo today and it has been almost 2 months since we have been even though we have season passes.  Our summer was so stinkin' hot it would have been miserable to go.  But now that the weather is somewhat cooler, we decided it would be a great day for it.  We met Lolli there when it opened and enjoyed a cool, crowd free morning (although it was PACKED by the time we left at 2!).  

This is the first time I really felt like Lucy was old enough to enjoy it.  She was "oooing" and "ahhhing" at everything!
                  

She wanted to walk just like the big kids and wants to hold our hands...she is growing up way too fast!

We were looking at the birds flying above our heads...

Toucan

Looking at the penguins...





They had the lambs out for petting...


I was not torturing her here although it looks like it.  She wanted to sit up on the fake cow with sissy but when I put her up there, this is what I got...


My sweet baby girls...

I got all my little chickens in a wad...

The sea lion show...


We saw our friends, Jason and Lashona, and this is their little boy Chase.  I used to work with both of them and my mom babysits Chase.



It started to get a little warm after lunch so we stopped by to get a snow cone and then let them play on the p-ground for a while.

Brayden chose a lollipop instead and Lucy stole a few licks.  She liked it...imagine that!

This is the last weekend for the bird exhibit...it was CROW-DED to say the least.




Brayden wanted to see this but wouldn't touch it!

At the end, Lolli took Karis on the train while I took Brayden swimming.  He loves swimming in the fountains!  Me and Lulu watched from the shade. :)

The water was apparently cold b/c when he got out he was so cold that he laid down on the hot concrete and wrapped up in this towel.  

Peek-a-boo...Where's Brayden???


FUN day...and all three kiddos went home with Lolli for the night.  So the hubs and I are now sitting watching football with the windows open and eating rotel and chips.  It reminds me of the first year we were married...LOVE those memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment